WhatMy main training organisation was Spectrum Therapy, one of the longest-established centres for Humanistic Psychology practice and training in the UK. My training was experiential, with great emphasis on personal development and practical skills. This means that I bring to my work a really solid skills base along with a profound personal understanding of what it is to work with difficult feelings, behaviours and emotions. My qualifications and experience includes:-
- OCR accredited Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Advanced Counselling Skills
- One Year Course in Psychotherapy
- Psychotherapy Continuation
- Psychoanalytic Theory
- Gestalt Series
- Sexuality Basic
- Transforming Relationships - Formative Training
- Developing Clinical Skills
- Postgraduate Course in Psychotherapy
- Spectrum Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Working with Couples - substantial training with Juliet Grayson
- Somatic Trauma Therapy - substantial training with Babette Rothschild
- Relational Supervision - substantial training in supervising other counsellors and psychotherapists
- EMDR training parts 1, 2 and 3 (approved by EMDR-Europe Association and EMDR International Association)
- PBSP foundation level training
I work one day per week at Ipswich Hospital, offering counselling to people who have suffered trauma and loss in pregnancy and birth, on behalf of Petals. (www.petalscharity.org)
I have a degree (MA) in Modern and Medieval Languages (French and Italian) from the University of Cambridge and I have studied art in both Italy and the UK.
In earlier careers I worked in shoe design and then as a photographer. I was involved with the Terrence Higgins Trust for four years as a buddy to a person living with AIDS. I am a Trustee of The Dominic Barker Trust, a charity supporting research into dysfluency or stammering.
Last but not least, I am a daughter, a parent, a partner and a feeling, thinking, breathing human being with plenty of life experience to bring to my work!